Some of our biggest supporters in life are usually our friends and family. I ran into a friend the other day when I was out running errands. We were both busy but we spoke and she asked me about my writing. She was so positive and upbeat about it, that after briefly talking to her I immediately felt inspired to hurry home and start writing.
On the other hand, I’ve had others make negative, snide, or judgmental comments about my writing.
What do you do when others make those types of comments?
I never expected such varied responses from people about my writing. Nor did I expect some of the comments to include things like:
- What do you do all day?
- Why don’t you have a real job?
- Do you seriously think you have what it takes to get a book published?
- You should get a real job…
- Are you sure you’re qualified to write a book?
- Some of us have to live in the real world…
- I thought that was just your hobby…
- Are you crazy?