Now that we’ve all read chapter 1…
Do you blame Roland for the deaths in Tull? Was there another way or were the events predestined? “Why would I feel bad?” he told Brown. Does his lack of compassion over the killing change anything? Or do you think he’s void of compassion?
Chapter 2 Questions:
- What do you think about the High Speech? What do you think it means to Roland–Past and Present?
- What do you think about the flashbacks Roland has of his world before it moved on?
- Discuss Roland’s boyhood teacher and mentor Cort–What kind of man was Cort? How does Roland feel about Cort now?
- Why do you think Roland clings to the traditions from Mid-World, from before the world moved on?
- “While you travel with the boy, the man in black travels with your soul?” What do you think about the prophecy? Roland is given this prophecy repeatedly, even though he believe it he brings Jake along. Do you think it’s Roland’s singular vision, or that he believe the prophecy to be predestined made the prophecy come true?