So I’m writing my outline for NaNoWriMo. It’s almost there, finally. I’m at the midpoint, and rounding towards the 3rd Act, and I’m still not sure that this whole outlining thing is for me but I’m trying. I’m not a big fan of outlining, never have been, even when writing research papers or essays for college. I’d make a basic 5 point outline…Intro, 3 major points, then the conclusion, and that was that. Now that I’m trying to write a novel I find that’s what I’d prefer to do. But writing a novel is different.
Maybe that’s why I like the 3 Act Structure. I can divide my novel into the basics: a Beginning, a Middle, an End. I wrote the synopsis, the basic idea for the ending, a summary of what my novel is about, and then the basic ideas for each Act. And right now, I need MORE COFFEE.
I wonder if other pantsers out there have trouble at the midpoint of their novel. That’s the whole reason I’m working so hard on an outline this go round. Ah well. I’ll be checking out the forums of NaNo soon enough, as well as reading other blogs related to pantsers and plotters. Hopefully this whole outline thing will get easier as I go.
- Scrivener, don’t do #NaNoWriMo without it. (mikecoville.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo! (minasalcove.wordpress.com)
- One Month Until NaNoWriMo (writerkimberlyhill.com)
- Countdown to NaNoWriMo: 25 Days (lostlimey.wordpress.com)
- Writing: What, Where, How, When, and Why (burgesstaylor7911.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo is Almost Here! (kristineriddle.wordpress.com)
- Getting Ready for NaNoWriMo 2013 (juanitamillhouse.wordpress.com)
- Rewards for #NaNoWriMo (mikecoville.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo, I Am On You (strikeatmidnight.wordpress.com)